Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The Night is Heaving. By Kevin M. Hibshman

My spirit is squirming like a toad in a jar.
I am so tired I can't even feel my face anymore.
Sleep is some far off place my body has lost the directions to.

It's alright.
I got a feel for this well-traveled road.
It's called “insomnia” and I have been down it many times before.

Where is the reset button for my mind?
Who is sitting on the remote?
This night is pale and heaving.
I think it's time you all were leaving.
It's like that feeling you get when the air is too close for breathing.





Kevin M. Hibshman has had poems published in many journals and magazines world wide.
 In addition, he has edited his poetry zine, Fearless, since 1990 and is the author of sixteen chapbooks including Love Sex Death Dreams (Green Bean Press, 2000) and Incessant Shining (Alternating Current, 2011).



No comments:

Post a Comment