Sunday, August 23, 2020

People Are Different Writers Are Worse by John Patrick Robbins


We sat at the bar and the conversation just fell into place.

We spoke about our jobs all the normal kill the time and hopefully catch a buzz bullshit.


"Has your writing ever got you laid ?"

I didn't bat a eye with my reply.

"Three times, the first lasted nine years the last was eight."

"What about the one in the middle?"

I lit a smoke, handed my friend of the moment one as well and lit it for her.

"Well the third was an editor."

She looked at me puzzled.

"So I give, What does that mean"?

"Well she took months to  accept me, Fucked me once then just as soon forgot me."

"Was it any good?"

"Well any sex beats no sex my dear."


I ordered us two more and we kept joking. The night moved well.
And soon she went home with me things looked up.

She stayed the night.

And stole a book of mine.

I never heard from her again.
Until I read about our encounter in some oddly named ezine.

Apparently she was a critic.
I would fill you in on the details but needless to say it wasn't a rave review.






John Patrick Robbins, Is the editor in chief of the Rye Whiskey Review and Black Shamrock Magazine. 
His work has been published in. 1870 Magazine, Romingo' s Porch, Heroin Love Songs, Punk Noir Magazine, San Pedro River Review, San Antonio Review,  Red Fez and Piker Press. 

He is also the Author of If Walls Could Speak Mine Would Blush published under his pen name Frank Murphy from Syndicate Press. 

His work is always unfiltered.





No comments:

Post a Comment