Thursday, December 5, 2019

Truth And Pavement Hurt. By John Patrick Robbins

              
He told me .

"Man the problem is your just much better at this everyone else."

The kid didn't understand the sacrifice I made getting to this point .

And I prayed he never would.

This was a hollow existence filled with jealous fools and false hopes.

Empty nights and enough vices to kill even the strongest man.

He admired my page and I admired his promise for something else .

I was bound for the crash.
Strapped in for certain destruction .

To be great at anything means to be alone amongst many .
I would take happiness over accolades any day of the week .

A life seemed far better than a legacy .

I rolled the dice .

And in secrets and shadows often confessed my regret.

Now I sit atop a mountain .
A fools king with the loneliest view .







John Patrick Robbins 

Is the Editor-in-chief of The Rye Whiskey Review , Under The Bleachers, Drinkers Only and The Angel's Share Magazine. 

His work has appread in.
The San Pedro River Review , The San Antonio Review,  Piker Press , Ariel Chart , As It Ought To Be Magazine , Oddball Magazine , The Blue Nib , Punk Noir Magazine .


He is also the author of Sex Drugs & Poetry from Whiskey City Press and Once Upon A Nervous Breakdown from Soma Publishing. 

His work is always unfiltered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment