Monday, April 22, 2024

Darken My Doorstep, Never My Grave By John Patrick Robbins


Because the drinks will be far better shared than spent speaking to shadows out of the madness that is isolation.

I was sad, but you were something so significantly worse.

A false friendship in hopes of gaining what I would have gratefully have given away.

The bourbon contained fire where I had long since lost all true passion.
But my companionship was real, as fake was your true character.

It seems I was alone even amongst your company.

So I guess I was fucked from the start.
Truth never wavers as the pavement does not give an inch.

I was miles ahead and lost from the start.






John Patrick Robbins, is a Southern Gothic writer, whose work has appeared in Schlock Magazine, Horror Sleaze Trash, Lucifers Retreat, Fearless Poetry Zine, Lothlorian Journal Of Poetry, Impspired Magazine, Fixator Press and Disturb The Universe.


His current book is Midnight Masochism and is published by Black Circle Publishing and available on Amazon.

His work is always unfiltered.



No comments:

Post a Comment