Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Charcoal Heart By Amrita Valan


Charred crucible
Glow of embers
Hidden ashtray 
Warmth lingering.

Can you blame
Or believe, that
I still remember?

Am stoked to recall
It all?

Still stoke 
The foxfires 
Of old.

Liquidated, an entire 
Universe of gold.

Soaking in old sins
No evil too much,
For sunlight to burn.

Purge the cache
Cathartic urge.
Purification
Relive the lust.

Inside deep inside
A warm ray of light
Ignites old embers.






I am from India, mother of two small boys. I hold a master’s degree in English literature.I have worked in BPOs, and as content creator for simulation management entrance examination papers,(deductive logic in English), as well as in the hospitality industry.(As receptionist at a five-star hotel) while awaiting results of my English honours examination. I love life, like tumbling headfirst into it, and then doing a double take to step back and observe it.I have written over a thousand poems on genres including Love, Spirituality, Family, Religion, Current affairs, Human Rights, a few short stories, funny poems and tales for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment