Saturday, April 3, 2021

Intersecting by Susan Tepper

In the blackness 
of the warm night
while I sleep
a witch-tree 
is screwed in the grass 
out back.
I don’t notice ‘til morning.
Bending to wiggle it
and feeling the hard ground 
pushing back 
saying No, thank you.
The thing is
small and ugly
just fallen branch sticks 
intersecting;
scarcely tall as my knees.
I’m afraid suddenly.
Though I’ve been afraid
all this year
and the one before.



Susan Tepper is a twenty year writer in all genres, and the author of nine published books.  Her most recent are CONFESS (a poetry chapbook by Cervena Barva Press, 2020) and a quirky road novel WHAT DRIVES MEN (Wilderness House Press, 2019).  Currently Tepper is in pre-production of an Off-Bdwy play titled THE CROOKED HEART which she based on artist Jackson Pollock’s later years.
www.susantepper.com



No comments:

Post a Comment