Wednesday, October 7, 2020

American Pie by Tissy Taylor

Where I can no longer see

What it feels to be

Unweighted and

Unafraid

Justice on its knees

Waging a war

I don’t believe

 

Why does the blind man plead?

An ignorant place

Lies underscore

Sense of grace

Bloody footprints walk

Eyes that are vacant

Still I do weep

 

In your great vessels of steel

We carry your greed

Across our backs

Our naked

Souls and brittle bones

Weary beneath

A heart still beats

 

Across this great plain of change

Trumpets sound your name

Herald your peace

Lend me faith

I beg you to bring

A perfect rose

To tide this rage




Communications Manager/Business Analyst for Automotive Industry giant. Born and raised in Ontario, Canada. Writing since I could hold a crayon in my hands. Penned a weekly family column in two community newspapers. Writing poetry is my passion. My first book of poetry “Madness, Chaos Unravelled was recently published. 
www.iamtissy.blogspot.ca




4 comments: